Renting Boats in Nashville
Frequently Asked Questions
- All cancellations require email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancellations will not be processed over the phone.
- Weekday* rentals can be canceled 72 hours in advance of scheduled rental time with a $150 cancellation charge. All other monies will be refunded. If within 72 hour window credit is available to future weekday rental within the same season except for day of cancellations. Day of cancellations result in no refunds or credit toward a future reservation, we must have in writing prior to 12AM on the day of your reservation that you would like to reschedule.
- Weekend rentals & Holidays* (2 days prior to and after holiday dates) can be canceled 14 days in advance of scheduled rental time with a $150 cancellation charge. All other monies will be refunded. If within a 14 day period no refund or credit.
- If you are late to your scheduled reservation departure time, you will forfeit that time on the water. The pontoon boat must still be returned at the end of the designated rental time.
- Inclement Weather Policy
- There are no refunds for inclement weather conditions. If there are inclement weather conditions, guests can move their reservation to another day during the current season
- Inclement weather is defined by the National Weather Service as high winds, lightning, or thunder. Lock One Boat Rental will determine the weather safety at or near Lock One Marina. If the weather turns severe while you are on the water, seek shelter immediately in a safe place or protected shoreline where you can anchor the boat.
How far is the ride to downtown Nashville?
Downtown Nashville is a 16-mile boat ride from Rock Harbor Marine. Depending on speed you can get downtown in 30-45 minutes.
There are no refunds for inclement weather conditions. If there are inclement weather conditions, guests can move their reservation to another day during the current season.
Inclement weather is defined by the National Weather Service as high winds, lightning, or thunder. Lock One Boat Rental will determine the weather safety at or near Rock Harbor Marina. If the weather turns severe while you are on the water, seek shelter immediately in a safe place or protected shoreline where you can anchor the boat or away from harm.
How long is a full-day & half-day rental?
A full-day rental is from 9 am to 5 pm. You are welcome to arrive anytime after 9:00 AM in order to load and receive training prior to departure but no matter what time you depart the marine you must return by 5PM. Half-day rentals are from 9 am – 12:30 pm in the morning and 1 pm – 5 pm in the evening.
What does your boat cleaning include?
We clean the boat thoroughly between rentals.
If the boat is brought back with excessive trash, debris and or bodily fluids you will be charged a $150 cleaning and sanitizing fee.
How old do you need to be to rent?
You must be 21 years of age to rent the pontoon. The driver(s) of the boat must be at least 21 years of age and show proof of a valid driver’s license at the time of boat rental. Any Tennessee resident born after January 1, 1989 must show the TWRA-issued wallet Boating Safety Education Certificate as proof of successful completion of the TWRA Boating Safety exam, out of state residents please use link to acquire a NASBLA approved boating safety certificate. This will be needed prior to departure.
What about gas for the boat?
You are launched with a full tank of gas, with the exception of emergency refueling should only be done at Rock Harbor Marine where the boat was launched. The renter is responsible for the cost of refueling for the amount of fuel used by you that day. Fuel is NOT included in your rental price but we will perform the refueling on your behalf. Fueling elsewhere on the river is prohibited unless authorized by our staff due to an emergency fuel situation.
How far can I go?
Do you provide captains for our rental?
If you are looking for a captain cruise we highly recommend booking a River Cruise downtown Nashville on the Pontoon Saloon. Due to US Coast Guard Law, we do not provide captains for the rental boats but as an Inspected Passenger vessel, the Pontoon Saloon can hold up to 45 passengers and come with a Deckhand/Server and Licensed Captain.
What do I need to bring?
We recommend bringing:
- Cold drinks & water
- Cooler with ice or call us to add a cooler with ice on your reservation.
- Trash bag
- Phone charger USB port onboard
Can we bring our dog?
We only permit small dogs (40 lbs or less) on the 11-passenger Sunchaser Tritoon. No other pets or dogs are allowed.
Can we pull a tube or skier behind the boat?
No tow behinds are allowed, this includes any tubing, skiing, or other tow behind sports. Our lily pad that is available to rent is NOT a towable, it is meant for floating with the engine off.
How many life vests do you provide?
We provide enough life vest onboard for the capacity of the vessel plus two children and a throwable in case of emergency.
What are the age requirements onboard?
People of all ages are welcome on the boat as long as they meet these requirements. Driver of the boat must be 21 years of age. To rent our pontoon you must be 21 years of age. Anyone 12 years and young must wear a life vest at all times while the vessel is underway. All life vests under the age of 12 will be supplied by the renter and must meet USCG standards. More information here.
Can we bring glass bottles?
No, glass bottles of any kind are not allowed on the rental boats. We recommend bringing cans or plastic water bottles.
What size engines are on the boats?
We have 140 – 150 HP outboard motors.
Where are you located?
We are located on the fuel dock (North Side) of Rock Harbor Marine. The address is 6615 Robertson Ave, Nashville, TN 37209, and will require access through the security gate. We do not allow walkups as reservations in advance are required. Please follow the instructions in your confirmation email and the Boat Rental Nashville signs to our specific location at Rock Harbor Marina. Do not exit your rideshare/car unless you see our signs at the gate, the main parking lot where Blue Moon Waterfront Grill is located is not our parking lot.
GET IN TOUCH
Still Have Questions?
"*" indicates required fields